Let us show you how easy it is to pot up stawberries in a hanging basket with our simple step-by-step guide...
1. Fill the hanging basket with a well draining potting mix. Leave about 50mm of space to the basket edge.
2. Dig holes and insert strawberry plants (between 3 to 5 plants depending on the size), allowing ample room between the
plants to spread as they grow.
3. Insert plants and fill in holes with potting mix ensuring that the root balls are covered. Lightly compress the soil around the
base of the plants.
4. Add mulch to top of the basket edge to allow plants to retain moisture while growing.
5. Hang your basket in an area that receives full sunlight for a minimum of 6 hours daily.
6. Daily watering may be required. Keep the soil moist but not wet.
7. Add all-purpose fertiliser during the flower and fruiting stages to give your plants and extra boost.